Thursday, May 31, 2007

back to the daily grind

well, almost. 3 more days before school starts for me, but we've been asked to drop by the school several times this week just to check on our respective areas and to make sure that everything is more or less ready when school opens on Monday :o Cool, I've just signed my contract and noticed a nice little addition *wink*.

I don't really feel like going back just yet, as my kids have one more week at home before they go back to school themselves and also because my new helpers are still in training. OK, I don't really have a choice, I know. Hey, a girl can dream, right? Haha. Last tuesday, after I got off school, I took Nikki and Ian to Woodrose with me so I could buy extra sets of uniform for Nikki as well as to leave post-dated checks for her tuition (I wouldn't want to overlook this when things get hectic for me later on). I also secured an application form for AAVA's sticker for this school year. Another entry in my to-do list - need to get that form signed next week.

Ian wanted to go to the grocery store so off we went. I decided to drop by S&R first just to check on what's new - wow, the place is packed with goodies! Got a box of poptarts for me and a bag of cookies for the kiddos. :( Something stupid: I stopped by the guard to get a parking card and even made a comment about how huge it was. I rammed it down my bag (or so I imagined) and proceeded into the store. Right. As we got into the car, I rummaged through my bag to retrieve the enormous parking card and I couldn't find it!!!! :o Ack! Searched high and low. No luck. I even asked my yaya to go back into the store to look for it, to no avail. Great! I reasoned out with the guard that I couldn't find it and that I might've dropped it somewhere inside the store. The roving guard was willing to let me off the hook, but not so the guard at the post. Bottomline: I was asked to pay a fine of P250. Great! There goes pizza for the kids.

Dropped by ATC to pay for my DSL subscription and to get a few things from the grocery store. Kids and I had pizza for dinner after all. Can't say no to these kids, ha!

No comments: