While I was at the Scrapfest, I got a text message from Tub stating that Dad had a cardiac arrest and was currently at the ICU. Tub also said he was flying to Bacolod. I couldn't help but feel teary-eyed and utter a short prayer that somehow, through God's grace, dad will be out of danger and feel better soon.
As we went to bed last night, we got word that the doctors were trying to help keep dad awake and conscious as they couldn't tell what would happen if he went to sleep.
This morning, Tub booked a flight to Bacolod. Towards lunchtime, we picked up his ticket from a travel agent at SM Southmall. Since we were already there anyways, we decided to have lunch (at A Taste of China or something like that) and we also got Nikki her school bag. My, with the price tag on those babies, I sure hope that that bag would last for a looooong time. Haha! Good thing there's a lifetime warranty on the zippers, the handle and the wheels!
We took Tub to the airport at around 3pm and then the kids and I heard mass at 4.
Tub just called. Dad's condition is improving. I hope and pray that dad will be able to get out of the hospital soon.
So, it's just me and the kids at home now. I miss Tub already, but it's good that he is with his parents at this time.
Sunday, May 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















No comments:
Post a Comment