is me! hahahahaha!!! As I was tinkering with my computer this morning, Nikki informed me that she saw a trail of ants leading up to our sack of rice! :o eeek! I so hate it when food gets infested by ants! OK, so I asked Nikki to get the bug spray and I sprayed away until all the ants perished! Ha! Then I had to tackle the ants inside the sack. That was really tedious! I spent practically all afternoon removing the ants and dumping them into a basin of water. Am I beginning to sound like a bored housewife with nothing else to do? Hardly. I really need to be working on some stuff for school and there are several other chores that need my attention - plants need to be watered and trimmed, dinner needs to be readied, toilets need to be cleaned, etc etc. It's a good thing I've already accomplished some of my other chores yesterday (washing and folding the laundry, sorting/organizing kids' closets, cleaning the house, etc) otherwise, everything's gonna start piling up on me! :oI happened to catch the kids making some bubbles and I discreetly snapped photos until they saw me :) I didn't want to waste this opportunity coz they're growing up so quickly, I may never get another chance :)

Well, taking the ants out was kind of a blessing in disguise - I had to do it outside the house and that meant Ian was able to spend some time outside the house as well (I could see him playing out on the street as I was working). Actually, earlier on, Ian was playing quietly by himself in the living room until I checked on him.
He then decided to stay with me and happened to spot an umbrella as he looked around; Ian wasted no time to play with it. Needless to say, the umbrella got broken in the process -it was a really cheap one, anyways, so I didn't mind because I enjoyed listening to Ian more while he used the umbrella as a ship ("all aboard, matey. I'm Captain Ian!") and as a horse ("giddyup, horsey!") hahaha! well, he got bored with that and that was when he went out to sort of interact with one of the neighbors' kids (Lejan). Whenever I called out to check on him, he'd say that he was just staying beside daddy's green car, to reassure me that he was close by.
Nikki was at Tavee's house all this time but came back home for a short while. She's been wanting to put all her school supplies into her new bag for quite some time now and I kept telling her to hold it off until I was done with what I was doing. I think she must've really been excited to use her bag already she even volunteered to help me out so I could be done faster. Teehee. Nikki's really been growing up so fast and is beginning to be more responsible. She noticed that Ian was playing outside by himself and without prompting, she called out to him, "Ian, it's time to come in now. Nobody's out there with you" :) I am pleased. Well, she's not only starting to be more responsible, she's also starting to become more cunning! Hahaha! This morning, when she overheard my conversation with Tubbyboy (asking us to check on airline rates so we could maybe spend some time in Bacolod), she pestered me until I sat down and started to make some calls. When I told her I was having 2nd thoughts about going, she started enumerating to me the benefits I would get if we went! "Mom, if we're in Bacolod, you wouldn't have to do the laundry, cook, or clean up! Then, you could scrap again" or something to that effect, hahaha! She knows how to push my buttons already!While I was pre-occupied, guess what my little imaginative boy came up with! Hmmm... as I was getting into the house, I saw him pushing a couple of chairs against a wall and he had a red marker in his hand. uh-oh! True enough, there were writings on my wall! Before I could say anything, Ian reasoned out that he merely wanted to write his name. I didn't exactly get mad at him, I merely told him he shouldn't be writing on walls.
Just to teach him a lesson, I made him clean up the wall with a rag. He seemed to enjoy it, but after a while, he announced that his arms were already tired. I told him his arms didn't get tired while writing, so he shouldn't be tired to clean up. That warranted another smart, but charming retort: "mom, if you stay with me, my arms won't feel tired" :) (because I was elsewhere attending to some things)
Before the 3 of us ate dinner, Nikki busied herself loading up her school bag - she seemed tickled pink to be doing so :) Afterwards, Nikki and Ian took turns pulling the bag along the hallway and then we kind of just lay on the bed while Ian pretended to be daddy and he identified me as 'son' and Nikki as 'sister'. He said he was daddy because daddy wasn't around. I asked him where mom was and he said mom was at school. Ian seemed to have fun play-acting but Ate Nikki didn't really want to play along, she was just so amused that I was using all of Ian's usual dialogue, as Ian pretended to bring home pasalubong or order pizza with pepperoni and "jollobee" haha! Kids are so much fun to be with. I feel really blessed that I am getting all this time to spend with them.

















No comments:
Post a Comment