Wednesday, May 23, 2007

mission accomplished

after much dilly-dallying, I was finally able to prepare Nikki's books and school supplies. Now she's all set for school =) Now I just need to check her uniform to see if I should get her more sets. I can't believe that grade 2 students are already being required to have an English-Filipino dictionary which is at least 2 inches thick!! I don't think I even had to buy one for myself until I was in my last year of college! :o

I also decided to tackle the plants in front of my fence. It gave the kids another opportunity to get out of the house and bond a bit with me - they got onto their bikes and played a bit while I trimmed away with my shears. Now my plants don't look abandoned and the kids are happy, hahaha! They soon tired of biking and helped me water the plants around the house. Thanks, for helping me out and keeping me company, Nikki and Ian =)


No comments: