Talk about major bonding time with the kids, hahahahahahahaha! The only maid I have asked for permission to go on a day-off as she had to attend to some personal matters, so I was left alone with the kids. Wow, I can't remember when I had to do everything by myself here at home. I had to bathe, feed, and make sure the kids are OK. Of course I do all these things when we're away on vacation and there aren't any yayas in tow, but to be left with them here at home is another matter altogether. I had to think of what food to eat. Yesterday, the kids and I had cereals for breakfast, definitely a no-brainer. Ian didn't ask for anything fancy for lunch, just a hotdog, he said, so I simply popped open a can of Vienna sausage and set it on a plate with rice. I had a Vienna sausage sandwich. Nikki was at Tavee's house so I didn't have to worry about her lunch. Tub took pity on me and invited me to eat out with him when he got home in the afternoon. I told him we couldn't leave the kids (Ian was asleep while Nikki was still at Tavee's house) so we just agreed to eat out for dinner, we had everyone's favorite, chicken inasal =) then we stopped by ruins for some contraband stuff, haha, and then ice monster for my favorite treat, mais con hielo.This morning, I decided to do several loads of laundry as the soiled clothes were piling up. As per my dictum to my maids, 'my clothes are to be hand-washed' I did not think twice about how my clothes were to be washed. While my kids' and tub's clothes were in the washer, I hand-washed mine. My hands are kinda sore from all the wringing. I had to leave the laundry area several times as kids demanded milk and then again breakfast (well, just cereals, again! hahaha!). Anyways, since I was in the service area already, I decided to clean up! Boy, what a mess my maids left behind!!!!! I sorted and organized and disposed of a lot of trash. Sometimes, I feel it's better to just be without a maid, that way, you know you store away stuff according to your preference. But then again, of course, I like the convenience of having a maid so I don't have to worry about cooking and cleaning!! Lunch wasn't difficult to prepare as I simply reheated the food I got from my mom's house (thank heavens for mothers and their cooking!) and cooked rice. For this evening, I have some pork thawing in the fridge (oi, I also had to clean out the fridge - my maids haven't been removing old stuff and cleaning the fridge!) Hmmm... I wonder what we'll have for dinner...
Here are some stuff I was able to work on while Ian played by my side, my very first paper bag album! This, again, is for another challenge and I was able to use up some of my unwanted papers =)I think I'll give this as a gift for Tub - I also made some coordinating tags where the kids can write a little something for their dad.
Here's what it looks like inside:
Supplies: Scrapworks, Arctic Frog, DCWV, unknown paper brands, Technique Tuesday stamps, prima, gingham ribbons. Nikki asked me for some paper bags, paper and ribbons so she could make one of her own... hmmm, I wonder what came of it? She took it to Tavee's house yesterday so she could work on it.Here's another page I was able to complete yesterday - this is for a challenge using a pocket made of something other than paper on a page. I decided to go for a denim cloth and make a page about Nikki's first day of school at Woodrose. I slipped several of her IDs into the pocket. I like the look of foam stamp and primas on the pocket. Looks cute! :)
Supplies: CBX papers, Bazzill, MM foam stamp and acrylic paint, primas, brads, Sizzix tab, Technique Tuesday stamp and Versa inkOK, it's almost 4PM, I think it's time to take the laundry from the clothesline! I wonder if I'd still like to be a SAHM after today, hahaha!

















No comments:
Post a Comment