I had to take some time off my 'summer routine' to take Ian to the dentist. The night before, he was complaining of toothache and cried himself to sleep! :( I was so helpless when I heard him crying in his sleep even! Poor kiddo! So, despite the plans I've set for monday morning, I took him to the dentist. He was such a brave boy! =) He just opened his mouth while Dr Joy worked on a couple of his teeth! He felt so relieved to know that he'd be sleeping without having to worry about toothache tonight! :)
Like I promised him, we went to the grocery store to buy milk for his Ate Nikki. I think he looked forward to going to the grocery store with me because he wanted to buy his regular bubble gum supply :) I decided to make it a day for ian day - so, before getting milk for Nikki, I figured we should grab some lunch first, albeit late, because it wasn't until after 1PM when we were done at the dentist's. While we were in the car, I asked him if he was hungry, he said yes. I asked him what he wanted to eat, and he simply said, just strawberry biscuits, mom! :) This kid is so low maintenance, hahaha! I decided to just take him to Jollibee. We talked about trivial stuff over lunch. I think he wanted to be done with it as quickly as possible because I told hiim he couldn't play with his prize until after he ate! Haha! He patiently went around the grocery store with me, but we didn't stay too long, anyways. I had to get ready for the faculty dinner this evening (more on that later).
I felt good about spending time alone with Ian. I think it's a great idea to take a few hours every now and then to spend some alone time with the kids. I intend to do the same thing with Nikki one of these days. Well, we did manage to find a girls-only time last year when I took her to school, it's just that I feel I need to do this more often or maybe on a more regular basis, especially while they're young.
Let me just put in this quote while I can still remember it (am not even sure I remember it correctly but here it is anyways) - 'hold your child's hand every chance you get, the time will come, all too soon, when he or she won't let you"
I really need to slow down a little - I know work keeps me soooo preoccupied - but quality time with family is really important to me. Years from now, I'd love for my children to be able to look back at their childhood years with fondness.
Anyways, because I was so busy making a surprise 'daddy's little brag book', I wasn't able to get ready for dinner in time. It's my first paper bag album and I kinda like how it turned out. I've glued down all the photos, I just need to add some sort of journaling. So yes, we were a bit late for dinner, but a lot of other people were :) not an excuse, I know! haha! Dinner at the Bellevue with faculty and our better halves was enjoyable, Mrs Lee reiterated her assurance about the school's future and the food was good. Well, service wasn't superb and Mrs Lee told me their waiters could use some of my training program, haha. On our drive home, tubtub said we didn't really get to interact with the other faculty, but I told him it was a good time for us to have some US time over dinner as well.
It was a good day and all is well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















No comments:
Post a Comment