A lot of fab new restaurants have been cropping up at The Fort so when Ma suggested dinner, I didn't hesitate to say we try a new restaurant in the area. Mela, Mike and I were there first, and since I've already tried out Thai at Silk (thumbs up for that one!), we looked around and picked Zao, a Vietnamese outlet. The only thing that caught my attention was the lychee iced tea so I ordered that and decided to stay instead of going to another place =)
Ma, Vincent, Gazelle and their kids came a while later and we wasted to time digging into the food, hahaha. Service was a bit slow but dinner (except for the fried spring rolls) was surprisingly good! Yum! I had initially planned on ordering coffee but I was so full I couldn't take anymore!

spring rolls (pork), fresh shrimp spring rolls and zao grilled platter (what's left of them, anyways), grilled tenderloin, 2 orders of garlic prawns, shaking (don't ask me!) beef, stuffed tofu and lemongrass chicken (really good), 3 orders of zao fried rice with salted egg topping
Mela went out for a short while and came back with a box of cupcakes from the Cupcake shop. Let's see... she got flourless chocolate cupcake (it was ok), banana chocolate cupcake/pie (A+) and 2 others.Thanks for dinner, mom! :)

















No comments:
Post a Comment