Saturday, December 29, 2007

getting geared up for 2008

So impressed were we with how tech-savvy Mom and Dad's place is - they have wi-fi access at home and we don't! :o - that Tub and I decided to get a router with his latest professional fee! We would've been 'wired' sooner had we been able to figure out the Linksys router Tubbyboy graciously lent me many moons ago. Alas! Such was not the case! All's well that ends well, I suppose, we finally managed to get ourselves a new one. We picked up a Netgear this time; it's what my in-laws have and it seems to be living up to its promise of wireless connectivity, ha! After much trial and error, Tubbyboy finally managed to give our home its very own airborne access! Now things are happily humming along! Won't our Nichiban be thrilled, we also decided to get her a USB adapter so she could access the net from her room!

Actually, our having a router is merely a pre-requisite for yet another gift to ourselves this year - a treadmill! Wouldn't you know it, Tub finally consented to the fact that we should get our own. I remember bugging him about getting ourselves one many years ago. Now, we are finally both of the opinion that we should start getting fit in 2008! YAY! I can't wait for tomorrow when we go and pick it up from the store! Now my biggest problem lies in finding a place for it!

No comments: