Monday, May 19, 2008

movie marathon

because i haven't really been as productive as i would love to be, i spent the weekend watching one movie after the other. it was just as well, i think, as i need some catching up in that department as well. my DVDs have been gathering dust since i took up scrapping :p

i started off with Bridget Jones Edge of Reason. it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. I must say I actually enjoyed watching it that I decided to check out another DVD.

My friend Babette and I were just strolling the mall last monday and I chanced upon St. Elmo's Fire - yep, a really old movie which I haven't seen ever. Price wasn't so bad, so I decided to grab it off the shelf. HAHA! Maybe it was the era or the costume, or the plot - a bunch of people dealing with life just out of college - that I couldn't relate to anymore, so I found it kinda dragging. I watched nevertheless, coz I like Demi Moore and used to really like Rob Lowe. Verdict: if you're still into the 80s, this movie will really transport you back in time pronto! I guess that isn't so bad, huh?

i then decided to see The Holiday and fell in love! mid-movie, the disc went kaput! blame it on love of contraband! hahaha!! so i have had to buy a new copy when tub, ian and i happened to be at ATC on Saturday afternoon for Aaren's party. thank goodness somebody had it in stock, or i'd have gotten crazy being on the edge and not knowing how the movie would end!

Because I was still in a mood for another movie, I checked out my dusty shelf again. Let's see... here's something else I still haven't seen.

While watching the movie, Ianboy, who was sorely missing his ate, kept wandering into my room and because every time he would do so he would find me lounging on the bed with my eyes glued to the TV screen, he finally exclaimed: "huh? you're still watching!?" hehehe. cute kid.

movie was so-so. Kinda ho-hum, actually. Classic Jennifer Aniston role.

I had to step out Saturday evening for Dondon's induction but as soon as I got home, I slipped my new copy of The Holiday into the player, er my computer, as tubbyboy didn't want any sleep distractions and stayed up til 4am just to finish the movie. sigh. i never thought jude law could be so cute!! hehehe.

this, i happened to spot while browsing the DVD store with Babette last monday but I decided to pass it up until I couldn't anymore. So after getting myself a copy of The Holiday last Saturday, I just went for it. I've always liked Michelle Pfeiffer anyway. Uh, after watching it on Sunday afternoon, I don't think it's something I would want to watch again. Yea, save yourself the agony. it isn't worth seeing another time, thank you.

uh-huh, because I wasn't exactly thrilled about that movie (I knew I should've just left it alone on the shelf!), I decided to go for something I thought I'd enjoy... uhm, I couldn't remember the title of one of the movies Jennifer Aniston stars in so I couldn't find it on my shelf!! blame it on old age. yea. Instead, I went for A Lot Like Love. It's been on my shelf forever so I thought today's as good a time as any to watch it. I wasn't sorry. I also fell in love with this movie so I've made the resolve to go find the soundtrack the earliest chance I get. Already, I'm thinking of watching it again. I think it's a spinoff of When Harry Met Sally and this is probably why I got hooked! *wink!*

and because the kids are staying with my sister Mela, I made a date with tubbyboy for us to finally see What Happens in Vegas. OK, I'm done getting my Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher fix. HAHA!!

movie was a fun watch. something i'd probably watch again sometime soon.

No comments: