Sunday, January 6, 2008

145 calories, baby!

I was wondering what a van was doing humming just outside our house Saturday morning. A few seconds later, my curiosity was satisfied when our house help announced that our exercise machine has arrived! Oh yay, our treadmill is here!!! I didn't expect it to be delivered first thing in the morning, but who's complaining? Haha!!! I immediately had an area of our bedroom cleared of clutter and within a short while, our lean, mean exercise machine was up and running! (pun intended! ha!) Coolness! Unfortunately, I learned that it consumes about as much electricity as an airconditioner! Ack!!

Next thing I knew, I was bitten by the cleaning bug - I ended up de-cluttering our room in honor of the treadmill, hahaha!! Wow, I can't believe our room looks so much neater now! LOL!!!

Just before dinner, I decided to get on the machine to really try it out (of course I had to try it out for a few minutes after the delivery boys left, but that only took a couple of minutes and as far as I'm concerned, the exercise didn't do much in the way of weight-loss, haha!) So I set the timer for 20 minutes and I alternately jogged and ran! Kewl! That cost me... 145 calories! My dear daughter Nikki was uber eager to please as she fetched me some water 2x! Thanks, babe!



Can't wait to get on it again soon! Oh I just hope I can set up a suitable work, scrapping, and work out schedule! Hmmmm.... I wonder if I should cancel my Fitness First membership already?

In the meantime, I am getting annoyed that my MAC is showing signs of wear and tear!! It started as one pink vertical line! Then another! Then a blue line! And now, yet another pink line!!! Oh my gosh, at the rate these lines are appearing, I might end up not being able to see anything else but lines by the end of this year!!! What a dilemma!! Help, Apple!!! Please answer our questions already!!

No comments: