Friday, September 7, 2007

try-outs

Ms Adizon (Nikki's Woodrose tutor) and I have finally succeeded in getting Nikki to at least try out the school's softball team *sigh of relief*. Technically, actually, it's not the school's team but it's mostly made up of Woodrose girls and they do meet at school, tuesdays and thursdays, 4-6PM.


Yesterday was Nikki's first day. It was a good thing I managed to come by as Nikki was at first too shy to join in. I tried to introduce her to some of the girls and they seemed to give her a friendly welcome. One of the coaches also formally introduced her to the G Team and then they started to do some warm ups and other team stuff.



2 hours came and went, and thereafter, I had a girl pestering me to get her a bat and a glove of her own, saying she had fun she wanted to do it again! I told her to just borrow the school's gear for now, but she gave me all sorts of reasons why she just had to have her own. Oh boy, I wonder what I have gotten myself into, haha! No biggie, actually, it's just that I would like for her to pursue this if I'm going to be investing in stuff and such.

I took the kids to a dinner meeting with me and Nikki was so excited she couldn't contain herself - she kept demonstrating some of the practice movements :)

I got a text message from the team's coordinator asking me if I would like for Nikki to join Muntinlupa's little league - too soon I know, however, time is of the essence as the first game is on the 15th and Nikki would have to get measured for uniform, if ever. I suggested the idea to Nikki on the drive home, but.... like she always gets when she's on unfamiliar territory, she said no. It was late and she was tired so I left it at that. OH but from somewhere a little boy's voice kept booming out saying he wanted to join! HAHAHA!

Early this morning, just before Nikki left for school, I broached the idea again and... well, I think I got a tentative yes this time. Let's cross our fingers... and hope for the best.

No comments: