After all these years that Tub and I have been sending our kids to school, by some stroke of serendipity, I managed to be available for Ian's Linggo ng Wika celebration. By sheer happenstance, Ian ended up raising the flag for the National Anthem. He did manage to stay focused and stood at attention for most of the duration of the song, while the rest of the time he got a bit distracted and did the jig, or something like it.

Kids and parents alike were regaled with several authentic Filipino folk dances by a certain dance troupe. They performed the Maria Clara waltz or whatever it is called, followed by the Pandanggo sa Ilaw, a Muslim routine (which Ian raptly observed because of several sword encounters), Sayaw sa Bao (?), Itik dance (again ?, haha), and finally, the most popular folk dance of all, methinks, the Tinikling.

The kids looked so cute in their traditional Filipino garb especially when they sang and danced to Filipino songs. I had so much fun, I wish I'd been able to attend those of Nikki's in the past.



Ian looked especially cute when he suddenly got off his chair and promptly danced when he heard a familiar song - teehee.

















No comments:
Post a Comment