Saturday, September 13, 2008

day 3

breakfast buffet at the Lemon 3 Thai restaurant again and then we were off to go on our half day city tour.


FIRST STOP: Raffles Hotel. too bad we didn't have time for a Singapore Sling :( Tuna & I resolved to change that and have one sometime during the day. Definitely looked forward to that!


Then we went to see the City Hall and the Supreme Court.


The Riverside Quay. Too bad we didn't have time to go the Clarke Quay at nighttime :( hint, hint, G!


UP NEXT: the Merlion Park. Finally! I got to see a Merlion up close! LOL!
photo op along the Esplanade Dr





Love how there are several outlets/bars under the Esplanade Bridge. Of course, another photo of me was in order! HAHAHA!!!


photo op with the manager of a jewellery factory, where Tuna got her girls gold necklaces.


Exploring China Town. Our last stop.


so, so, so looooove this photo!






and we were done for the day!

Tuna and I had to do some more last minute shopping so we asked Jason to drop us off at Bugis Street. We wanted to go and check out the Bugis Junction. Too bad we didn't have much time to explore this wonderful mall :(




Had lunch at the Basement level of the mall - Hokkien Style Stir Fried Tang Hoon at Uncle's Kitchen. Hmm... little did I know that it was nothing more than sotanghon, stir fried. duh!


but not before Tuna and I made a stop at the Mochi Creamery. ohmy! i almost forgot what my name was! it was definitely little bites of heaven. I had the chocolate espresso mochi and would definitely love to go for another one! mmmmm-mm.


much to our utter dismay, we discovered more fancy eating places on the 2nd and 3rd floors too late :(




We dropped Tuna's MIL off at the hotel as I had to get G's phone (had to keep the financier happy, haha!) and do some other errands while Tuna had to go and get something for her mom.

As soon as we were done with that, we decided to head over to the Raffles Hotel, to get our Singapore Sling fix, of course and we just had to have it at the Long Bar, where it originated, even though it had a higher price tag than elsewhere in the hotel. Just a bit of trivia, it's also the only place where littering in Singapore is legal! ha! so uh, Tuna and I jumped into the bandwagon and littered roasted peanut shells together with the other guests :)


had to share a drink, as the S$26 price was too much of a crime! LOL!


photo op at the Raffles Courtyard, just before we headed over to the Long Bar.


then we bumped into Glenn. how fun is that!?


Decided to complete our Raffles Hotel experience and had a quick dinner at The Empire Cafe. Went for a Char Kway Teow and a rice-based dimsum.




we were supposed to still drop by the CHIJMES to check out the colonial era church courtyard and visit some restaurants, but we simply ran out of time.

Made a dash back to the hotel as it was already 730PM and I still had to re-arrange my stuff before the shuttle service picked us up at 830. Whew! All in good time.

We were tired, happy and just about ready to head for home :D ah. I will definitely miss Singapore. Already, I want to go back again! HAHA!

No comments: