Friday, November 16, 2007

a whole new world

It was definitely a whole new world, not just for Ian, but for me as well! ;) Between the 2 of us, it's Tubbyboy who usually attends weekday school activities, but because he couldn't make it to Rosemont's Literary Program this year, I had no choice but to ask for a special leave from work! More so because I learned that Ian was chosen to be in a starring role! Well, Ian did admit to the fact that he volunteered for this role; I can't say if this is the truth to be sure, but no matter, I'm one proud momma just the same!

Tub & I received a letter from Teacher Elaine saying that Ian was going to play Aladdin! Oh WOW!!! I was excited for Ian but I worried about the costume!! This was after Halloween, see, and knowing how most stores operate, costumes would've been pulled off the shelves by this time! Ack!!! True enough, I had to beg and be stubborn with the salesladies when they said that stocks were pulled out the day before I went! Well, persistence really does pay off, but I digress.

Rosemont's stage was all decked out in children's bedroom style and how! It looked like a grand production when the curtains were pulled and my dear boy appeared onstage with his Jasmine (Andrea Garcia). Too bad I wasn't able to take more shots! Yea, yea, I'm a stage mom, so shoot me!

anecdote: the moment I got home from the mall laden with costumes and such, Ian didn't hesitate to try out his Aladdin costume! In front of a mirror along our hallway, I overheard him saying this: hee, I really look like Aladdin!' aren't kids just the cutest!?

No comments: