Saturday, November 24, 2007

1st Holy Communion

As soon as Nikki's 8th birthday came and went, Nikki re-directed her focus to the fact that this year, she was going to be receiving Our Lord for the very first time. As I recall now, she made reference to the fact almost every day leading up to the momentous event! I am glad that Woodrose helped prepare her for it: there were prayers, acts of contrition, confession, mock communion, talks with Fr. Lisa (even Tub and I were invited for a little chat), of course the dress-fittings, pictorials and all that! I would dare say that Nikki must've felt like she was caught in a whirlwind of events with all the activities. She sometimes seemed apprehensive about it, but in all, she really looked forward to it! It's good to know that she was really excited about it =)

I don't know about Tub, but with Nikki already being a communicant, I feel a bit anxious that now, more than ever, Tub and I have to be even more responsible parents! :o first off, of course, we have to be Nikki's role models, but as Fr Lisa warned, we also need to be vigilant and to make sure that Nikki is given the proper direction with every step of the way, spiritual or otherwise. Seems like this is not just a big step for Nikki, but for us as well. Whew! We have big shoes to fill and I pray for guidance myself.

So today, at St. James the Great Church, our firstborn received Our Lord for the very first time.

Blessings upon you, dearest child! May you always walk in God's grace.

No comments: