so this evening, after Tub and I came from Woodrose for an interview and then the mall for some errands, I buckled down to check the kids' school diaries as well as their homework.
Reading homework done, I had Ian doing his coloring while I marked exam papers. While doing so, Ian suddenly blurted out, "Mom, how come my name isn't Justin?"ME: (taken by surprise) huh?
IAN: why didn't you call me baby Justin when I was little?
ME: why would you like for me to call you that?
IAN: coz I like that name. can my name be Justin?
ME: I can call you that if you like. why do you like that name?
IAN: coz it's a cool name
ME: uhhuh. where'd you hear that name from?
IAN: from the Wizards of Waverly Place
ME: OK. so which boy is named Justin?
IAN: the 16-year old boy
ME: OH.
IAN: so, can you just call me Justin when I'm 16?
ME: SURE! :D (I wonder how he'd feel about being called Justin, 11 years from now?) :D
HAHA. Brings back memories of when Nikki was about 3 and she wanted her name to be Angela:) I love being a mom.

















No comments:
Post a Comment