Saturday, June 7, 2008

new beginnings

well, school's about to start (at least for Nikki and myself) so I had to schedule a date with the hairdresser. uhhuh. this date has been long overdue. haha. decided to go with a darker shade this time. so what do you think?

my mum invited me to go to the spa with her and we both got feet reflexology and back massages at the Rodeo Spa. oh, the feet treatment was divine but my upper back feels butchered and raw! ugh! not very relaxing at all!

anyways, this morning, i finally got around to labeling and putting plastic covers on Nikki's schoolbooks and stuff. way to be such a procrastinator huh? hehe.

Then I sat down and decided to tackle a BG workshop project/DDD challenge. This is the first time I got to work on a corrugated cardboard medium for my scrapbook and I must say, it was pretty fun :) Here's what I came up with



supplies: UPS cardboard, BG May kit, lace trim (from Rachel's DDD), tissue paper from Scarlet Lime Jan kit, Tres Jolie card, K&Co 3D sticker, MM acrylic paint, Mod Podge, Zig pen

This one's for the May challenge at BG. The challenge is for us to use a quote for our LO. I picked one by Felix Gonzalez-Torres: Above all else, it is about leaving a mark that I existed: I was here. I was hungry. I was defeated. I was happy. I was sad. I was in love. I was afraid. I was hopeful. I had an idea and I had a good purpose and that's why I made works of art.
supplies: BG May kit, Zig pen, Making Memories tiny alpha stickers

Had to do this one in under 30 minutes as I couldn't decide on the quote, the photo and the supplies, earlier, and because Tub and I had to leave (uhm, he wasn't able to pick up the bebe the other day so he had to go and try again today). We took the kids with the intention of renewing their passports at the DFA. I ended up getting so pissed off as there were so many changes in the procedure. Aaaaaaagh! So yes, kids and I left empty-handed. We're going to have to do this again sometime. Hopefully sooner than later.

No comments: